Beyond the Reach
These are the major factions on Monsantine, in terms of “organized groups with political or other influence.”
- The Governor, an inattentive, lackadaisical political appointee.
- The Administratum, the voice of the Imperium, overseeing Imperial interests on Monsantine.
- The Worker’s Council, a meritocratic ruling body, which does the actual governing of Ingenuity.
- The Colonial Police, nominally controlled by the Worker’s Council.
- The Inquisition, struggling to find much to do on this seemingly peaceful planet.
These are the priests of Monsantine, who split into multiple factions after colonization based on differences in doctrine:
- The Sons of Justice, a vengeful, puritanical faction found in Stonewater.
- The Emeriti, a scholarly, somewhat radical faction found in Brimtown.
- The Gold Drinkers, a penitent, somewhat puritanical faction found in Avonlea.
- The Slaves of Enrathi, a radical faction that emphasizes purity, found in Whitewash.
- The Order of the Open Arms, a former religious faction destroyed by the Sons of Justice.